The Ember Report
#001: Building Native Apps With Ember.js
February 16, 2021
- 00:13 - Intro
- 01:31 - What's CLARK?
- 02:24 - History of Ember.js at CLARK
- 03:14 - Shipping Ember.js as a native app
- 05:26 - Shifting to Capacitor
- 07:19 - What is Capacitor?
- 08:51 - Write once, run everywhere?
- 09:56 - Plugins & Cordova interoperability
- 10:59 - Community & commercial support
- 12:21 - Is it framework-agnostic? Ember integration?
- 13:58 - ember-cli-capacitor
- 14:41 - Hiccups & pain points
- 17:13 - CI / CD
- 18:09 - DIY CI / CD alternatives & project structure
- 21:44 - Testing
- 25:05 - Getting started & onboarding developers
- 26:21 - TypeScript & IntelliSense
- 27:12 - Is it future-proof?
- 29:36 - But does it feel native?
- 35:03 - Desktop vs. Native
- 38:34 - Routing
- 43:45 - Alternatives
- 44:56 - Progressive Web Apps
- 46:02 - Beyond Google Chrome
- 48:53 - Capacitor v3 Beta
- 52:26 - Wrapping up
Correction: Cordova is NOT deprecated, only PhoneGap is.
Music: LAKEY INSPIRED
History of Ember.js at CLARK
Shipping Ember.js as a native app
Write once, run anywhere?
Capacitor plugins & Cordova interoperability
The community & commercial support
But is it framework-agnostic? Ember integration?
Getting started & onboarding other developers
TypeScript & IntelliSense
Alternatives to Capacitor